ideablog

Thursday, August 04, 2005

style thoughts

Communicating complex ideas is a perilous task.

Good ideas are a mix of passion and free thought. Fearless thought.

The task is perilous because errors in words, whether spoken or written can suggest things not intended. Ideas fail not only when they are illogical, or poorly developed. They fail when they are not transmitted successfully.

So it is with great trepidation that I dare suggest that this blog might be the place to convey ideas.

But I don't think ideas are static things, that exist in ones mind, and either succeed or fail when communicated. Ideas change the moment they enter another mind, and change further upon processing. When speaking of ideas, of course I could be speaking of "information". Ideas are information we judge to be of some analytical, conceptual, descriptive or explanatory value. Words fail me...I need more education.

Dang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home